Monday, January 15, 2007


Yuri Vlasov


This is intense! I was watching Steve Jeck's "Stonelifting" video the other day and on it Steve talks about the importance of building your mental arsenal, in this case it came just prior to Steve performing a set of 20 rep breathing squats, no-no-no style, with 415lbs on the bar! The quote he shared was from the great Russian weightlifter, Yuri Vlasov. Repeat this to yourself next time you are stepping up to the bar going for a PR!

“The blood of your fathers has turned to water in your veins. Not your lot is it to be strong as they were. Having tasted neither life’s sorrows not it’s joy, like a sickling you look at life through a glass. Your skin will shrivel, your muscles grow weak, tedium will devour your flesh destroying desire. Thought will congeal in your skull and horror will stare at you from the mirror. Overcome yourself, overcome yourself. I tremble, I seethe, I clench, I seize the haul.”

No comments: